Tuesday, September 21, 2010

50th day




Saturday. Today was really fun my host brothers and oldest host brothers girlfriend arrived so I could talk to people again! I mean I could talk to my host parents but its not the same as talking to fellow teenagers, I guess they are more like young adults though because they are in collage. We went for a walk on the beach and it was really windy and wavy, I got some cool pictures that I will upload later. That night we went to a fancy restaurant for my host grandmothers birthday. We all got the same (gross) thing and that was... raw fish with lots of green seasoning and springs on it (thank goodness they didn't tell me it was raw until after I ate it); for the second coarse we had dove, some kind of kidney I think, mushrooms and what they called a pumpkin pancake, which is pretty much what it sounds like; and for the desert we had Cream Boula (its french and I have no idea how to spell it) but what it was is, pudding that has the top of it caramelized, it was pretty good we had ours with (if you ask me to many) almonds in it (they should have been cashews), and chocolate pudding on the top with orange peel things in it, it was good it was like orange chocolate. But Danish people are weird they ate all of the disgusting food and I am the only one that was able to finish the Cream Boula. And then to add to there weirdness when we got home we talked and SNACKED! I couldn't believe it when they got chips and chocolate out, I was full! How are these people (supposedly) healthier than us!?

2 comments:

  1. Its spelled Creme Brulee if you were interested. Very good stuff and fairly easy to make. Plus, you get to play with fire when you caramelize the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should make some when I get back :)

    ReplyDelete