Thursday, November 25, 2010

116th day











Tuesday
Today was the coolest day ever! So I had to get up at 6:00 to get on the ferry with John, Katy, and our outbound student Suna (I have no idea how to spell his name so I'm guessing) The getting up at 6 wasn't so awesome actually. So we had breakfast on the ferry, that was good because I got some pastry's to eat, yum. Then we drove in the car for a long time, but it was fun because we all talked about being an exchange student. And it started snowing! That actually wasn't so good for me because I only had my rotary jacket and a scarf to keep me warm... Then we went to Freadericsborg Castle. It was soooooooooooooo beautiful! I mean Freadricsborg is a legit castle. It was so COOL! It is now a huge museum, all of the rooms are still in their beautiful original state, with each room decorated in the style of a different time period. The rooms were all full of beautiful art, I was in heaven. We got Ipod tour things that told us about all of the rooms (in English). So I took a TON of pictures. And my favorite room was the chapel, because guess what was in there? The artwork of Carl Heinrich Bloch! Up close and personal! (If you don't know who Carl Heinrich Bloch is, he is the artist that did the art collection 'The Life of Christ' that was featured in the Ensign two years ago, he originally did the paintings as a commission for the rebuilt Freadericsborg castles chapel, and there still there!) Oh, they were so beautiful, I started crying a little bit... Unfortunately it was very cloudy and dark that day, and the castle has terrible lighting, I could hardly even see them. The castle needs to work on its lighting. There was also a musical group practicing when we were there. So we got to hear the organ playing a beautiful old song along with a flute and an old horn. It was lovely, my exchange is now complete. After that we drove to another great place. Hamlets castle! Yeah, that's right, Hamlet, like from Shakespeare. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go in and I didn't take any pictures. Then we drove to where we were having the Thanksgiving dinner. For dinner we had turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, and some kinda cranberry stuff. So it could have been better, but not that bad, but you know what was jipped? We had to buy our own drinks! They didn't provide beverages, Denmark can be annoying sometimes. But the really wrong thing was the desert. It looked innocent enough at first. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top, yum. But when you bit into it you discovered... It wasn't whipped cream! It was sour cream! Is there any way I can convey how wrong that is?! It was major fail. Then we had to put on a show for everyone. The show we decided to do was pretty much a talent show. It was good because you could see all sorts of stuff without anyone having to put in to much work. So we had dancers, a short skit, a gymnastics routine, Joe played his ukulele and me and some other girls sang 'Soul Sister', we were terrible, but it was a lot of fun. My favorite act was Jandy's (Jandy is from India) dance, it was really cool, she wore traditional clothing and had bells on her feet so she jingled while she danced. You would have loved it mom, she was really good. Then the time came for us to say goodbye to our few remaining oldies. It was sad, but all good things come to an end. Then we began the long journey home. It was actually pretty fun though we all talked about stuff until we reached the ferry at like 1:00am. Then, since it was the slow night ferry that would arrive at Ronne at 6:00am, we all got rooms and went to bed. I slept on a boat!

So I have so many pictures and this thing is being so retarded, I'm going to upload the rest of the pictures in another post. So, stay tuned for the exciting conclusion, in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment