Friday, November 5, 2010

97th day

Thursday
Today was quite a long day. I had 4 classes in school, including PE, but it wasn't that bad. Danish PE is different than American PE. American PE is like a punishment with sit-ups and running and angry teachers. In Denmark we mostly just do whatever the teachers feel like, and since our teachers aren't evil, we usually just play games :) Although I do miss some things about PE back home, we did some cool stuff that I doubt we will do here, like swimming, bowling, and American football. Can you guys believe I miss football? I want to go to a football game and hang with my peeps! In other news, I had my first pomegranate today, what a weird fruit. Its huge and its kinda like a reverse raspberry with little pods of fruit surrounding the seeds.
As for what happened after school, I went to Danish class and while I was there Emily, the girl from Italy, asked Katie and I to teach her some American slang. Now, neither me nor Katie are very hip, so I'm sorry to say our list of slang is rather short. We taught her how to say "you are/ that's a piece of crap!", She was very amused by this and couldn't believe we used that phrase. We also taught her "Straight up G", and although me and Katie enjoyed this topic very much, I think she was more amused with 'crap'. And I taught her how to say "That's totally bogus" I hope she doesn't go to America and think she's cool saying that, but the funny part was she couldn't pronounce 'bogus' she kept on saying 'boogus', like booger. It was totally hilarious :D Then I walked home with Jimmy and Emily, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment