Thursday, August 5, 2010

4th day













This was a great day. I woke up at 9:00, hey its better than 11:00. And we went to visit Kirsas Grandfather before she left for Chille (she will be an exchange student there). Kirsas Grandfather is 92 years old and still walking around, he is a blacksmith and his yard is full of things he made as you can see in the picture to the right. Then we went back to the house. Because the Jeppe is going to colage soon him and his friends wanted to make paintings that they could hang in thier dorms to make them less boring. They got some canvis for me and Kirsa to so we all painted pictures. The top 3 are verry dramatic and done by Jeppe's friend. The two smaller ones on the side and the larger one on the bottom are by my host brother, Jeppe. The one with all the plants is by Kirsa and the orange and blue on is by me. It was alot of fun. Then the weather was good so we went down to the beach but it was cloudy as soon as we got down there. Then we had lunch (more bread and cheese) they gave me a dark bread that they all liked alot but I didn't like verry much, oh well. Then we went to see the castle, it was built in the 1200s, it is made up of many parts and is actualy alot bigger than it looks in my pictures. After that we went to an icecream shop, yum! You know that stuff you got in french class Nutela? Well they have Nutela flavored icecream here! It was delicious! But not the licorish flavored icecream, never have that, yuck! Then we went back and packed because Kirsa left for Chille that day, sadness. And I was going to stay with John my rotary contact while they dropped her off. John lives on an OLD farmhouse its big and white and everything in it is old exept for his HUGE TV and I really wanted to watch an awesome adventure movie on it but all he wants to watch is tennis :( oh well. Its was a big day.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds fun! Take lots of pictures for me. I like cool big houses and castles :)

    ReplyDelete