Monday, August 2, 2010

First day

This day was weird. First we got up at about 5:00 and drove to the Denver Airport, while their I met 2 other exchange students that were also goning to Denmark, we said many goodbys and started our journy. After the boring flight we arrived at Chicago and met up with all the other exchange students, their were alot more than I expected (about 18) and they were all going to Denmark, except one who was going to Germany. We came from all over the United States and Canada. Then we went to Frankfurt Germany, it was a looooong trip, I sat next to a nice girl from South Jersy. It was about 3:oo in the afternoon when we boarded they served us dinner (which was gross) we watched the sun set and then about 5 hours later we watched it rize and then we had breakfast ( which was slightly less gross than dinner). During the flight I watched Clash of the Titans twice (the girl sitting next to me kept interupting me the first time) and Toy Story 2, but the sound wasn't working so it wasn't verry enjoyable. I also talked to the exchange students sitting next to me alot, slept for about an hour, listened to the little German boy sitting behind me and to the right do impressions (he did Michale Jakson I'm Michale Jakson, Obama Yes we can!, and several others that I can't remember right now), and I got to see London at night from the sky! I wasn't sitting by the window (I was in the middle) but a really cool excange student was and he told us when we were over London and let us come look.
When we got to Frankfurt we were all really tired but to excited about being in another country to take advantage of the extra 3 hours we had and sleep. The airport was really full of people speaking German and it was kinda scarry because we didn't know what anyone was saying or what to do, we were glad to be in a big group, but we soon found our fears were pointless because every one really does speak english. The plane to Denmark seemed tiny after the huge thing we flew over to Germany, it was small and kinda old but the people were really nice. I slept the whole flight. When we got to Denmark the students that were staying said goodby to the students that had another flight, I was glad I didn't (I never want to fly in a plane again right now). At the front I met up with John (my Rotary contact) and another exchange student from America who will be going to the same school I am. Then we went on a tour of Copenhagen, all the buildings are old and made of stone their are tons of statues of old (I mean from anchient times they wert actualy "old") people and fountains. I saw all the parlement buildings, the castle, and the place where the Queen lives. Unfortunatly there was a lot of grafiti and trash, I guess because it's such a big city. Then we went to have icecream, they had lots of weird flavors like Licorish and Apple unfortunatly I only had the guts to have vanilla and strawberry but my exchange student friend who had Licorish and Apple told me that the Apple was verry good. We then went to a Rotary members appartment where the other girl had stayed yesterday, It was in a verry old building but the inside was verry modern. She served us bread and cheese, Danish cheese is much better than American cheese. Then we started our trip to Bornholm, I slept untill we stoped at a Micdonnalds in Sweeden, and drove to the place where we would get onto the ferry. The ferry was HUGE, much bigger than I thought it would be, it was like a ferry Titanic, it even had the same style staircase although much less elaborate, it is one of the fastest ferrys, sailing at an avarge of 70mpr. Then I went to meet my host family, a couple in their mid 40's, They served me bread and cheese and some chocolote that tasted good. We also walked down to the beach wich is beautifull with white sand. Then I was finaly able to shower and go to sleep. I was a long and awesome day/days and I was glad to go to sleep. I will not be reading over this to make corrections so please pardon any grammer or spelling mistakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment