Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8th day









Today I went to Copenhagen! I got up at 6:00 to get on the ferry (the blue boat is the ferry) and saw a cool boat, I later found out that this is the military practice boat. Then we got to Copenhagen the guy that was taking us around showed us the train station and then dropped us off to shop until we had to be at our meeting. So me and the other exchange student on the island, Katy, went looking for cheep shops in the rainy city of Copenhagen, we were mostly in the shopping district and not the Ohhh look at all the cool stuff! district so I don't have very many cool pictures but I got a few. The building with the red posts is the Queens home. The tower is part of a church and that little blue speck at the bottom is me. The shopping trip was cold and wet but Katy got a dress and a scarf and I got a purse and a candy bar, yum! Then we went to the exchange meeting there were 50 students from the area around Copenhagen and our island. There were a lot of Brazilians, Americans, 2 students from Taiwan, and some other students from parts of south America, and I think there might have been some Canadians. I traded some pins and now my jacket is slightly less sad, and a girl from Brazil gave me a ribbon that will give me 3 wishes when it breaks, its a lot better than a genie :). Then we went out for pizza and Danish pizza is very different than American pizza, you can't get plain old pepperoni or even cheese, and they gave me a whole half of a pizza! and its really thin and I don't know why but there was a suit of armor in the pizza shop so I took a picture! Then we went home and I went to bed, because it was late

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me if you know a kid named Henrique from brazil.

    ReplyDelete